Sunday, August 28, 2016

This evening's musical interlude... Bella Figlia Dell'amore from Verdi's Rigoletto

I just love lyric opera. I know very little about it but I do love the music. I particularly enjoy the way that the voices and orchestra blend so beautifully together to make so many sounds so perfect together. I thought I'd share some of my favorite pieces with you. 

Tonight please enjoy the quartet "Bella Figlia Dell'Amore" from the final act of Giuseppe Verdi's tragedy "Rigoletto". The quartet is sung by Dame Joan Sutherland (my favorite female opera singer) who, by the way is waaayyy too old for this part as 17-ish year old Gilda Rigoletto's daughter, but I digress, Luciano Pavarotti as the Duke in disguise, Leo Nucci as Rigoletto, and Isola Jones as Maddalena. Of special note is that Ms. Jones bodice deserves an award for keeping her heaving breasts from popping right out of that outfit.



No comments:

Post a Comment