I hope you can see from this photo that I finally have a "tomatoette" on my heirloom beefsteak tomato plant. I checked with the girl at the organic veggie farm about what the issue may be and she suggested that the plant may be getting too much water, thus producing the lush vegetation on the plant. I went out the other day with my trusty kitchen shears and trimmed a good number of leaves and other vegetation from the plant hoping to push some of the growing energy into setting fruit. We'll see if that works. Not much time left in growing season so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
On the other hand as you can see the Roma plant is loaded with fruit. We have not had any ripen yet but that should happen soon as they are started to lighten up in their color a little bit. I am very excited about this plant because this is the plant that will provide us with sun-dried tomatoes over the winter. Yum!
Here is the weekly allotment for the organic farm program. In the box: 1 bag of field greens, a bag (I guess about 1.5 lbs.) of green beans, 3 small cucumbers, 1 small bunch of Swiss chard, 3 lbs. potatoes, a small bunch of green/red onions, a bunch of flowers and a small bunch of a green vegetable (lower left) that I cannot identify. Still not anywhere near $23/month's worth but the veggies are tasty. I'm looking forward to when we start getting fresh eggs from the farm too. That happens in September.