Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas Blogging, Part 2



Christmas Day this year was spent with the "girls" at Castello Pomidori. The Contessa made a delicious meal of Slow Roasted Pork with Braised Fennel, Pommes Dauphinoise, and Spinach with Garlic, Raisins and Pine Nuts. Sassy brought along some of the best Christmas Cookies I have ever had. One of which was topped with a pear and ginger preserve that Sassy made. Boy were they good. For dessert, I made Tiramisu that, if I do say so myself, was dreamy. Buzzy had to work during the day so he arrived later in the day.

We started the afternoon watching a movie... The Big Eden, starring Ayre Gross. Boy, what a charmer that was. It was a very sweet movie about love delayed and it was just the right movie. I would highly recommend it. I don't want to review it here, but I do think you should see it.

Photos above show the guests and a view from the deck at Castello Pomidori.

All in all, it was a terrific Christmas. I am truly blessed with the best friends a person could have. And that's official!

No comments:

Post a Comment