Thursday, January 29, 2009

Top 15 Disco Tunes

Inspired by a list on List Universe of 15 Great Disco Tunes, I have decided to give you my top 15.

15. "Hot Shot" by Karen Young



14. "Party Train" by The Gap Band



13. "Native New Yorker" by Odyssey



12. "Can't Turn You Loose" by Anthony White



11. "Ask Me" by Ecstasy, Passion and Pain



10. "Armed And Extremely Dangerous" by First Choice



9. "After Dark" by Patti Brooks



8. "The Love I Lost" by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes



7. "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking" by The Supremes (sans "Miss" Diana Ross)



6. "Cherchez La Femme" by Doctor Buzzard's Original Savannah Band



5. "Disco Inferno" by The Trammps




4. "Vertigo/Relight My Fire" by Dan Hartman




3. "Disco Party" by The Trammps



2. "Can't Stop Dancing" by Sylvester



1. "You're The First, My Last, My Everything" by Barry White



Honorable Mention:"Midnight Love Affair Suite" Parts 1 and 2 by Carol Douglas
This is one of those LP singles that is just under 18 minutes long so it was split up on YouTube to meet their 10 minutes or under policy on video posting. Make sure you enjoy both parts.




No comments:

Post a Comment