Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slave to the fashion


Well, I finally did it. I bought an iPhone. I said I wouldn't because it had no replaceable battery, no video capture, and no expansion slot. All excellent points except for the fact that I had a 4 gb card in my old phone that never had more than 100 mb of stuff on it, I think I took 1 video of my cat with it and the battery problem is one of those "Après moi, le déluge" problems. My contract wasn't up for an upgrade with AT&T but I did it anyway.

Boy is this thing cool! I have LOADED it with "apps" from iTunes (great ones for free) and still have 12+ gb of space left in the memory. I really do love it. I don't recommend it for most of my friends as most are of the "what does the 'on' button do" ilk, but those of you who know what you are doing would find this phone invaluable. Mr. B. doesn't care for the fact that there are no buttons that you can actually "push" when you type so he will not be getting one, but I do like the touch screen interface, especially since I am coming form a phone (LG Shine) where you had to use number keys to text message.

I would be happy to share my experience with anyone out there in the "ether" who is thinking about buying a smartphone. Just drop a not to me and I will assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment