Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Jenny Craig Diet Results, Week 5

One of my all-time favorite movies is a film by the late Anne Bancroft called Fatso. It is the story of a balding middle-aged fat man played by Dom DeLuise who comes to terms with his weight issues following several misadventures. It is a charming look at our diet and weight obsessed culture and it is laced with the family dynamics of growing up in an Italian-American family. If you have the opportunity to see it you really should. See the trailer below...

Now to Jenny Craig...

This weeks was kind of a wash as far as the diet was concerned. I really didn't eat according to the schedule, I went out to dinner and ate (of all things) boneless buffalo wings (these are loaded with fat, honey or sugar, and don't forget the Ranch Dressing) and skipped a couple of meals as well. It has also been a stressful week as I have left the job I was working at (for only six weeks) due to several issues which I will leave to your imagination. At any rate I was able to pull off a 1 pound weight loss this week anyway. That's 26 pounds in 5 weeks. Not quite as good as the last few weeks but as they say at Jenny... Any day on the program is a good day.

Ah well... better luck (and hydrochlorothiazide) next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment