Friday, June 11, 2010

T-M-I!!

Just as an aside (and frankly because I am bored) here is my take on fiber supplements: 

I was watching TV last week and I saw some woman describing the benefits for older people (like me) of taking a fiber supplement. You all know I am on this Jenny Craig diet thing so I am eating much less. I have noticed that with the decrease in the amount of food I eat there is a corresponding decline in "ejecta" for lack of a better and less graphic word. So, I figured I'd go to Stop and Shop and get myself a bottle of fiber and I'd be as happy and well adjusted as that girl on the TV was. 

I browsed the "fiber" aisle as inconspicuously as I could, making sure I examined the products labeled fiber supplements and not laxatives so if anyone came by they wouldn't think I was all plugged up or something. Goodness, there are a lot of products from which to choose. I finally settled on FiberChoice. They are these big (about the size of 5 1/2-dollar coins stacked up) chewable tablets that say nothing about being laxatives on the package, just pretty photos of vegetables. I took the stuff to the self-scan check out line and went home with them.

Let me give you a piece of advice. If you haven't taken something like this before you are in for a real treat. The bloating... the wind... the constant feeling like there's something wriggling around in your belly. I am hoping that this settles down a bit after I've been taking it for a while. Frankly I'm not sure which is worse. Being "less than productive" after one's morning coffee or being full of fiber. "Wait and see" is the operative phrase for the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment