Friday, July 16, 2010

(Disappointing) Topsy-Turvy Tomato News

Some of you may know that I have had a little trouble this year with my Topsy-Turvy Tomato crop this year. I think it is because of some tomato blight that hit the plants or maybe it is something to do with the planter itself. I don't know. It seemed like the plant in the front was getting a little "sickly looking with yellowing leaves, drooping, etc. but the plant in the back looked OK. I hacked off anything on the front plant that looked even suspicious and did a little trimming on the back plant as well. 

Now in an odd turnaround the plant in the back began to yellow and the leaves had a black edge to them. They also drooped quite a lot. There were two charming tomatoettes on the plant so I didn't want to dump the plant in case I could still get fruit off of it. Well, last night I decided to just chuck the damn thing so it wouldn't infect the other plant. Ah well... not as many tomatoes to can this year but I hope to get at least some. 

Better luck (and plants raised by myself from seeds) next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment