Sunday, August 07, 2011

Living Rooms

With nothing else to do today I thought I'd go through my photos and it inspired me to do a post called Living Rooms. I am including photos taken in various living rooms through the years of my life. Not all are here as I can honestly say that I have been rather a gypsy and not always inclined to photograph some of the, shall we say "dumps", that I have lived in. You may not always get a good view either but I will lay it out for you. It's kind of interesting to see the progression of my style (or those with whom I have lived) through the years.

Circa 1950 Providence, RI (pre-Frenchy): This is my Mom after being married in our 1st Living Room in Rhode Island. This was the Living Room of our grandmother's house in Providence. We moved in here after leaving Kentucky some years after this photo was taken
Circa 1971 Warwick, RI: This is my friend Michael D on the sofa of our very tacky home in Warwick. That robin's egg blue wallpaper went so well with that early American tufted plaid sofa didn't it? I honestly believe that this wallpaper is why I will never suffer blue walls in my house again.

Circa 1984 Providence, RI: This is my friend Bunnie and I on the futon in my living room in Fox Point, Providence. Note the Art Deco clock and Beidermeier-inspired lamp in this room. Beginning to appreciate "decor" at last!

Circa 1992 Brewster, MA: This is Bunnie again at a little birthday party I had for him at my place in Ocean Edge. This is the first place I had on my own after I moved to the Cape. This place was leased furnished so the style is a little "rental condo". It was comfortable however and it did make me take a closer look at traditional-style furniture and accessories). (Note the Bombay Company box on the chair. I said I was taking a closer look at traditional-style stuff... not quality traditional-style stuff.)

Another view of that room. This is my friend Stuff after we came back from the Star Trek Convention in Warwick, RI. My cat Blackmale is checking things out here too. 

Circa 1998 Chatham, MA: This is a little 1-bedroom place I rented in Chatham. There was a combo Living Room/Dining Room set up and I couldn't seem to find a photo of the other end of the room. You will note that I am now fully into the traditional-style of decor.

This is my cat Leo making himself comfy on one of the Italian cameo-back fauteuils (arm chairs) that I acquired at a distressed furniture sale.
Circa 2004 Yarmouth, MA: This is the Living Room of the first house I shared with my new husband, Mr. B. All of this stuff was squeezed into the apartment in Chatham too. It is a little tighter as for as decor is concerned. I once again used the "brown paper" color that I used in Chatham. It is a great color for natural, candle or incandescent light.

The other end of the Yarmouth Living Room. I know... a little fussy. Just married, I was "nesting".
Circa 2006 Brewster, MA: This is our place in Brewster. More of an eclectic style but still with the traditional roots. The room was this color when we moved in and as it was green I felt I could live with it even though it was so close too that awful blue I showed earlier.

The large painting above and the suede fauteuils were are legacy from Bunnie's estate when he passed away.
Present Dennis, MA: This is our place in Dennis. We have obviously downsized into a small condo but find it quite cozy. Still eclectic but the emphasis is on comfort.

Yeah, I know... my feng shui is off.

The other end of the Living Room. A very cozy spot. 

 I hope you've enjoyed this tour. If you have Living Room photos you'd like to show us please send them to us here. We will post them as soon as we get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment