Sunday, September 18, 2011

A note about restaurant reviews

I started writing these reviews in response to a request from Karen Ellery Jones who is the publisher of a web site called "Cape Cod For Couples". She had read some of the notes I had posted here and thought I would be a good fit for their site. I really like the idea of their web site and decided to give it a try. I was told that when I go out for a meal that I could write a review and it would be published on their site and cross-posted on Frenchy's House Party. 

After reading the reviews I have posted so far I noticed that most of the places I have reviewed have been hit-or-miss in their overall dining experience. I would like to make it clear that I am not doing this to be a wise-ass in my reviews. Some may think that it is great fun to be "dishy" in reviewing restaurants but having been in the business for a long time I know how troubling a negative or even an indifferent review can be for an establishment. I pay for my own meals and I relate my experiences as though I were relating it to one of my friends, nothing more or less. If I were to experience a perfectly great meal I would post it in the same manner as I would a not-so-good review. 

So please do not think that because of the tenor of my latest couple of reviews that I am just a nuisance with a keyboard. I simply want to educate people who like myself enjoy eating out but would rather be told that a place is perhaps not as good as one may have heard or that it is much better. Please feel free to comment below. 

Thank you!

Frenchy, Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment