Saturday, November 12, 2011

Little things mean a lot!

Thanks Mr. B!
A couple of years ago I wrote a post about my dear Mr. B buying me a new vacuum cleaner. Now scoff if you will but I really was sick of the old machine and just didn't want to go and blow any money on a new one. I really did feel just like a bride easing that new vacuum around the house. Thanks again, Mr. B. (Ed. Note: That machine is dying a dusty death right now. Time for a new one I guess.) A vacuum is not what some people might call a great gift but it was something that made my life that much easier and I didn't have to put up with something that "worked" but not really.

The point to this is that there are some products that we have around the house that we use and are marginally happy with but are just "making do". Take aluminum foil. I use it all the time. It is fine for what it's worth but nothing special. Stuff sticks to it, you can't use it on a lasagna because the cheese sticks to it and the tomato sauce's acid interacts with the aluminum foil making it taste metallic. Ugh! So then Reynolds (Wrap) puts out this new foil that is, as my sainted mother used to say, "Slicker'n snot on a doorknob". I LOVE this stuff. I use it all the time now. If you haven't tried it go and buy yourself some. Absolutely nothing sticks to it!

However the age old problem of the sticky, metallic lasagna remains. The cheese won't stick to it but you still need to put a piece of parchment paper between the casserole and the foil to keep it from getting funny-tasting. And what's the point of using the non-stick foil if you're just going to put a piece of parchment between the foil and the casserole?

Well... not any more!!!   Presenting!!!



I know how silly you must think this is but I think it's great! Foil lined with parchment! Genius! We cooks know what a great idea this is. 

Now if they could only make a foil that washes dishes and makes coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment