Monday, August 02, 2010

As Promised: Mrs. Turkey Visits Frenchy's House Party

On Saturday last I was doing my usual Saturday morning "futzing"; cleaning, washing, dusting, rearranging... you know the drill, when I glanced out the window and saw the wild turkeys that I have been blogging about here and here, visiting our front yard. I ran in to Mr. B's office and told him to grab his camera and come and see the birds. Well he couldn't lay his hands right on his camera and by the time he had, they were gone. He even suggested that I might "be seeing things". He walked around to our back garden and sure enough Mrs. Turkey and her Turkeyettes were foraging around for a little something in our yard. It really was very cool. They didn't seem to mind us at all. Mrs. Turkey did fluff up her feathers a few times when we got too close to her or her chicks. I told Mr. B to stay away from them as #1 they are very dirty, and #2 those birds are big and have sharp claws and a nasty-looking beak. But that did not stop Mr. B. He went right after them and got some great shots.

They seemed to have had enough of us and were heading out of the yard and Mr. B and I sat down for a good chuckle when... well, watch the video and see what happens. It is remarkable!

No comments:

Post a Comment