Sunday, August 15, 2010

Its that time of year again!

Ahhh... August. This time of year used to mean lazy summer days, cool nights, barbecues, ice cream in the evenings and of course, the Carnival Parade in Provincetown. Our "gang" as Mr. B calls us, goes to Provincetown every year for the parade and then a lovely dinner at one of P-Town's great restaurants. But as of last year something new was added to the things I could count on in August. Ragweed allergy. It seems that I have developed a very bad allergy to ragweed. Oh, I get the usual symptoms, the sneezing, watery eyes, scratchy throat, cough... you know the drill. But I also seem to get an nice, convenient upper respiratory infection as reported in last years' post on ancillary subjects (here and here). Well this year the Dr. decided that my "URI" was the result of the ragweed pollen and as I went to see him the first day that I experienced the symptoms I had last year, the Dr. gave me an Albuterol inhaler, some sort of antibiotic (the large elephant-sized pill) and some cough medicine that puts me into an 8-hour coma. It has been three days now and I do feel much better. I am hoping that by Thursday I will be ready to have some fun at the parade in P-Town with my "gang". 

The point to all of this is that I will try to post something every day now that I am feeling better. A tout a l'heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment