Sunday, August 22, 2010

When all else fails demonize the Gays

WhitmanAt a news conference yesterday, California From Andy Towle at Towleroad.com:

GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman said that, unlike Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger or Attorney General Brown who have declined defending the measure, she would defend Proposition 8 if elected governor:
"The issue right now is, as I understand is 'Will Proposition 8 have the appropriate support to actually make an appeal to the circuit court of appeals?' " Whitman said. "And I think the governor, the attorney general today has to defend the constitution and has to enable the judicial process to go along and has to enable an appeal to go through. So if I was governor, I would give that ruling standing to be able to appeal to the circuit court." 

The Courage Campaign took Whitman's hypothetical situation and threw it in the trash.

"She wouldn't be governor yet. The appeals court will decide before there would be a change of governor and attorney general...You're going to see us making it clear that Meg Whitman is unqualified to be governor on any stand."

So what's happening here is Whitman burnishing her "cred" with the homophobe creatures in California by letting them know that "if I could" I would keep the gays from marrying. ItThat's  like me saying that "I would free all political prisoners in Myanmar" if elected to the presidency of Myanmar. No chance of that happening soon I think. 

What a pig!

No comments:

Post a Comment