Monday, January 03, 2011

Diet Update

Sorry Antoinette... no more pastries for me!
As it is the new year and one is called upon to make resolutions, I deemed it the appropriate time to go back on my diet. When we last left off I had lost 49 pounds and was feeling great. Now 118 days later (I got that from my Wii Fit Balance Board this morning), and after the usual reasons for people going off their diets (disinterest, life/emotional challenges, the holidays) I find that I have gained a little weight. I was terribly worried that I had gained all of the weight back and was finding every excuse not to have to get back on that damned Wii to weigh myself. After working at Latham and seeing kids gain 20 pounds in 3 or 4 days away from the place I was really scared.  Today I said "Enough!" and did it. To my surprise I had only gained 17 pounds. Now I can approach this diet thing again knowing that even though I had gone off my diet and eaten anything I wanted I still made enough good choices to have kept me from any more of a damaging weight gain than the 17 pounds. 

So I am back at it folks. I am not going to do the Jenny Craig thing again this time. I am going to do my own personal analog of that diet using their basic carb/protein/fat ratios and portion sizes, but will be making all of the food from fresh, not frozen foods whenever possible. We will see how that goes. I know you all wish me luck in this endeavor. I will keep you all informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment