Saturday, April 26, 2014

Jenny Craig Diet Update: Week 4

I said I want EXTRA cheese!
Has it been 4 weeks already? It seems like yesterday I started this thing and it is not going badly at all. I have been trying to stick with it but had a little setback at the beginning of the week. 

Last Sunday was Easter Sunday and of course, ham was on the menu. I love ham and it is typically pretty lean meat  so I thought that a piece or two of ham would be an appropriate thing to have for our Easter dinner. As Mr. B is participating in the diet too we both had a very light meal (relative to the usual food hangover-inducing blowouts usually associated with the holidays). We had ham, baked sweet potatoes that were scooped out, mashed and mixed with unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon and then re-stuffed into the hollowed out potato and baked again. We added to that 2 cups each of steamed broccoli. I must say that the idea of mashing the potatoes with applesauce and cinnamon was a terrific one and my thanks goes out to Sally Tomatoes for that one. By the end of the meal we were quite satisfied but I thought that the saltiness of the ham might be a little troublesome. Plus, rather that the appropriate 3oz of ham we each had 6-7 ounces. I knew that was a mistake and by Tuesday of this week I had put on two pounds! I didn't panic because I figured it was just water and that the HCTZ I take would deal with that. 

Been nice knowing you
We pretty much stuck to the diet otherwise, having a frozen 'diet' meal (Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Weight Watchers, etc.) with a large salad for lunch and dinner served with two cups of steamed veggies. For breakfast we typically have Cheerios and skim milk, then a couple of snacks during the day and our yummy pizza snack for nighttime snack. That's plenty to eat and comes in typically at around 1,400-1,500 calories a day. 

So all in all it was a good week on the Jenny Craig diet plan. I have fallen into the pattern of (hopefully) losing 2-3 pounds a week now. As of today I have lost 24.4 pounds and am 1/3 of the way to my goal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment