Here's my recipe:
Sweet Potato Waffles
1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
3 eggs, separated
1 cup milk, room temp or just not too cold
3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons AP Flour
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
· Separate eggs.
· Mix together egg yolks, mashed sweet potatoes and milk. Add melted butter. Set aside.
· Sift together dry ingredients.
· Add to wet ingredients.
· Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
· Mix 1/3 beaten egg whites into batter to lighten, then fold in remaining egg whites.
· Bake on waffle iron for approximately 4-5 minutes.