Sunday, May 29, 2005

Memorial Day Weekend Day One

Spent the day “tooting” around with La Contessa Pomidori doing a little shopping. We stopped in at a little thrift shop in Yarmouth and found a great chest of drawers that was very solidly made, dovetailed joints (even on the top of the chest) and 12 drawers. We both thought the same thing… black semi-gloss paint rubbed on the edges, some new hardware and voila! I now have a dining room console that I shopped around on the Internet for, listed at $599-1500 that I just bought for $60! I’ll invest about $120 in paint and hardware. I love thrift store shopping!

Spent the evening watching the tube with Hubby. Sunday we have been invited to go to the VIP Clambake at the Figawi Regatta (the premiere sailing/boating regatta in New England) on Nantucket. We’re flying over in the morning, clambake is at 1:30 and then the 5:00 flight home. Qué glamoroso! I’m taking the “cam” so if I can I’ll get a pic of Teddy Kennedy’s red nose.

Developing….

No comments:

Post a Comment