Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My New Guilty Pleasure

I have discovered "The Tudors" on Showtime.


I have heard from friends that I should watch this show but since I have seen "The Six Wives of Henry VIII", "Elizabeth R", and read several books on the subject matter (I enjoy historical biographies) I didn't think I needed to subscribe to yet another "premium service" from the folks at Comcast, and that I'd wait until the show went to DVD on Netflix. Well...

The folks at Comcast called and gave us a great deal on our service (we added a phone line and EVERY channel in the universe for $30 less than we were paying before) so I thought I'd rent "The Tudors". The girls were right. It is captivating. All of the men (except the ones that are supposed to be ugly) are stunning, and the women are all cheap (except Kathy Aragon). I am loving this show. I have just finished the first season and and waiting for the next season's disks to arrive from Netflix so I can catch up before the new season starts.


I can recommend this show strictly for entertainment value as it is such a jumble of mis-matched dates, historical allegiances that never were, events that never happened, etc. that one who knew the history would find this show unacceptable. Just watch it for fun. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment