Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Gay Bux"

In an earlier post I described companies that are either supportive of the rights of GLBT Americans and those which are not. I received a note from a loyal FHP reader, MichaelD, who thanked me for the information:
Frenchy,

I'm a firm believer in "Money talks, bullshit walks."

Thanks for sending out those two missives regarding companies that deserve our business, and those who do not. Having lived on the West Coast for so many years it's very natural to just assume that companies DO give their employees (all of their employees) full rights, etc. That may not necessarily be true (I'm working on my company, XXXXXXX (name of company redacted for MD's privacy) to offer domestic partner benefits) but I'm often reminded that there are still so many places where equality is not a benefit.

Now, if I could just squeeze my fat ass into some 34-inch Levis again (I've given up on anything smaller...) maybe I'd buy another pair... for now, it's Dickies for me!!

I don't get too many comments on my blog, mostly e-mails but I would like to, first thank MichaelD for his remarks and second let you all have a pdf copy of the Human Rights Campaign's list of Gay-friendly businesses to assist you on making decisions on where to and not to, spend your "gay bux". (With a hat-tip to MichaelD for the euphemism "gay bux". )

No comments:

Post a Comment