Monday, March 02, 2009

Mike the Dick responds to story on police brutalizing a 15-year old girl

I am bumping this comment up to "post status" in order that the comment will be seen by everyone who reads this blog and not the "comments". The original story is here.

Michael said...

As a police officer I am disgusted with the actions of these officers and absolutely shocked at the brutality depicted in this video! The suspect (now victim) may have been disrespectful and assaultive, (before, during and after) but nothing, and I mean NOTHING!! can justify the brutal beating that she got. (let's not even get into age, sex and size comparisons!!!)

Every police officer feels anger and sometimes even rage towards people who provoke them through either passively resisting or through words of hate. The arrestee often prods at the officer in an attempt to goad them into such a response by watching their reactions and fine tuning their taunts to push the right buttons. Patience and professionalism, however, are what separate the good from the bad. I'm certainly not innocent of the occasional fantasy of exacting some revenge on some serious low-lifes, but! that's just it; fantasy! Without self-restraint, we are no better than the violent criminals we arrest! These officers are absolutely no better than the animals we lock up for the same crimes!

I apologize on behalf of my profession!


While I think it was generous of Mike to apologize on behalf of his profession, I find it unnecessary for him so to do. I would never apologize for the bad behavior of anyone of my "ilk" and neither should he. But I do appreciate it nonetheless. Thanks Mike! Now... how about showing us how your handcuffs work?

No comments:

Post a Comment