Sunday, August 16, 2009

OMG!! Looky at what I found this morning!

I am so thrilled! (At this point you're probably wondering what kind of nut Frenchy is.) I have my first ripening tomato on my Topsy-Turvy plant. Perhaps some of that pruning I did this week has helped it along. It is 2/3 ripe and I would guess that it is going to go a little more quickly now that we are experiencing a Cape Cod heatwave (85 degrees and 70% humidity with full sunshine). It is so uncomfortable on our deck today that even my husband, who roasts himself in the sun until he looks like a coffee bean says it is dangerously hot out there. It is, however, great for my tomatoes. Take a look at today's results:




Anyone else have a ripening tomato report (Topsy-Turvy or not) that they would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment