Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today's Estate

An 1850's estate in Palmetto, GA. It is beautifully restored. It is also over-the-top when it comes to decor. They used beautiful everything but it is so "WOW" that I don't think I could live there full time. What do you think? 


Incredible Southern Estate built in 1858 offering extreme privacy & original charm. The home was completely restored over recent years and is being offered fully furnished for $4 Million, or unfurnished for $3.5 Million.  Offering nearly 5,000 Sq. Ft. of  thoughtfully decorated & designed space, the home includes Four Bedrooms, Two Full Bathrooms and One Powder Room.  The property which is entered through large metal gates includes an in-ground Swimming Pool with a covered fireplace area and arbor as well as a Guest Cottage, 7 Stall Stables and Fenced Pasture.  The Interiors of the home are filled with light and offer a very classical feel.  Most if not all of the spaces are formal including the Formal Dining Space which features a round table & large chandelier, the large Living Room or the expansive glass encased porch with tons of seating, ceiling fans and rugs.

Beautiful view of the front of the house


A porte-cochere on the side of the house


I really like this kitchen for the counter tops and the cabinetry but my goodness is it decorated to death.


There is absolutely nothing I can say here that I haven't said above.


I actually really like this room. The Empire chairs are quite nice as is the hand-painted Chinese wallpaper. The chandelier is perfect. Well done.


I don't think I could sit still for too long in this room. There is way too much going on here.


This veranda is quite nice. I like that they have it enclosed so that it can be air conditioned


My goodness what a fussy room.


See above


Ditto. However I do like that crib. And the pagoda valences on the windows. Just sayin'.


Out by the pool

No comments:

Post a Comment