Monday, April 22, 2013

Game of Thrones

When I first started watching Game of Thrones (HBO, Sunday nights at 9) I watched the first season through and After Ned Stark (played wonderfully by Sean Bean) was killed off I thought that was the end of it for me. None of the characters was especially appealing to me and the story lines were amazingly Byzantine; so much so that I wasn't really interested in watching season 2. However as the 3rd season approached and the Internet was abuzz about what was going to happen on Season 3, I thought that I'd start over again and see what all of the fuss was about. I slogged through Season 1 again and dove right into Season 2 with gusto. Several characters really stuck with me. Joffrey, the little shit-king of Westeros is someone you love to watch just because you hate him so much and are waiting for his come-comeuppance. Cersei, the Shit-King Mother, who bore the Shit-King after a long standing affair with her brother Jamie. She's just so twisted I love watching her. But the one that has been the most fascinating to me is Daenerys Targaryan. That little blond girl who was sold by her stinking no-good brother to a barbaric hunk o'man who led an army of fierce warriors. She has turned from "payment" into one of the fiercest of the warriors of all. Smart, treacherous, and all-consumed with regaining the Iron Throne of Westeros for herself. She is a treat to watch. She's beautiful, cunning, kind and cruel all at the same time. She even has a brood of dragons who think she's their mother! 



If you haven't seen this show, get to it! It's terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment