Friday, May 30, 2014

A Royal Visit

Here are a couple of views of our lounge
As most of you know the Clubhouse is very small. We live comfortably but we have sacrificed a "staple" (albeit typically unused) room of most homes, the dining room, to be more comfortable in our lounge. Unfortunately that precludes us from having dinner parties unless serving and eating buffet-style is OK with you or your guests.
No room for a dining table here
We have been in the Clubhouse for a little over 3 years now and have not had one sit-down dinner party. This has driven me nuts as I love to entertain at my table. 

So last year we bought one of those 10'x10' "pop-up" marquees to cover an area of the patio and have a dinner party outdoors. Well, the first one is coming up in a little over a week. Dr. Joe is going to be visiting from Napa that week and Mr. B and I will be having my gay gang over for cocktails and dinner. I have a bit of a menu in mind but I'll hold off on describing it until I have finalized it. 

Preparing for "Royals"
Preparations have already begun with a full housecleaning underway as I type this post. Every morning, before work, while I am making lunches, ironing, etc., I have been polishing away at the silverware getting the coffee service and other pieces ready for the impending visit of  four fussy queens. Bathrooms must be spit-polished and the entire place dusted, spritzed, and vacuumed. It's kind of exciting to be preparing for this. I'll keep you all appraised of the preparations and the event itself. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment