Saturday, July 19, 2014

Diet Update, Week: 16

Oh dear! It's been 8 weeks since my last update! It has been very difficult to keep to this diet, as we all know that Summer brings cook outs, parties, dinner with friends, etc. and it is very hard not to partake. Since the last update we have had a Royal visit that included gooey lasagna and meatballs made of sausage and beef and strawberry pie with my homemade cinnamon ice cream. I've also made sticky barbecued ribs, gone out for Coney dogs, gyros, and any number of other temptations and have not been too fastidious about my dieting.

The consequence of all of this is that my weight has been fluctuating up and down for a while now and I felt as though I was 'stuck' at a plateau. I figured that I needed to adjust my caloric intake a little, cut out this or that in my routine or (heaven forbid) get some exercise. I eat basically the same thing every day: 

Breakfast 8:10am:
  • 1 cup of Cheerios
  • 1 cup skim milk

Snack 11:30am:
  • 1 piece of reduced fat string cheese

Lunch 1:30pm:
  • 2 cups of mixed vegetables salad with 2 tablespoons reduced fat Ken's Balsamic Dressing
  • 1 frozen entree (Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, or Smart Ones from Weight Watchers)

Snack 3:30pm:
  • 1 piece of fruit or a 4 oz cup of applesauce

Dinner 6:30pm:
  • 1 frozen entree
  • 2 cups steamed vegetables

Snack 8:15pm:

Booze (PRN): 2 scotch on the rocks

This is essentially the Jenny Craig plan (minus the booze) so I am not calling my update the "Jenny Craig Diet Update" anymore. It is very easy to follow as there is no counting points, measuring, weighing of ingredients or writing anything down. I like the simplicity of it. But does it work? 

Like I said it has been 8 weeks since my last update. At that point I had lost 37.2 pounds and was quite proud of myself. As I also mentioned it has been a little more 'slow-going' but I have been able to squeak out a few more pounds lost. When I got on the f@4#ing Wii Fit scale this morning I had lost another 0.4 pounds for a grand total of 49 pounds lost. Almost at my (next) goal of 50 pounds! My main goal is to lose 70 pounds by October 9th  but ultimately I would like to drop 90 pounds in all. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment