Monday, June 22, 2009

Things to do with all of those tomatoes (I hope to get from my Topsy-Turvy planter)

Mr. B Bought me Lidia Bastianich's cookbook "Lidia's Italy" last week for a couple of reasons. First we are now getting a load of fresh organic produce every week and in late July and August we will (I hope) have loads of tomatoes to cook with. Lidia's books are terrific reads and the recipes most using fresh fruits and veggies are really outstanding.

While at the supermarket last week I picked up some "cherry tomatoes on the vine" and they were really tasty. I looked up recipes in the book and there was one for a cherry tomato and onion focaccia so I decided to make it. It is a very easy recipe and I now have the focaccia resting and rising before it goes in the oven.



Well, here is the finished product. Looks great, smells terrific and when it cools, I suspect that it will be delicious. No news is good news on that front. If you'd like the recipe let me know in the comments section of this blog post.


2 comments:

  1. I love Lidia! i got hooked on her show while in Boiston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor grammar and spelling.....I'm fired!

    ReplyDelete