Thursday, June 25, 2009

Topsy-Turvy Tomato Update

It's week 3 of my Topsy-Turvy Tomato Planter experiment. Although we have had very little sun and way too much rain it does seem as though we are getting some action on the tomato front. The plants are definitely bigger and both are producing flowers on the vines. We are due for some warm weather in the next couple of days so I am hoping that things really start to grow on these babies. On Monday next comes the next "feeding" according to my plant food schedule. Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:50 PM

    Tomato tip: My dad used to put a fish head in the bottom of the hole before planting the tomato plant. Sounds dizzgusting, but you should've seen those babies when ripe!

    --Michael from Washington

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read an article last weekend in the Cape Cod Times that you should put crushed eggshells on the soil. Goes along with fish heads/bones, I guess.

    Thanks for the tip Doll!

    ReplyDelete