Thursday, February 13, 2014

I've had enough: Wallpaper Edition, Final

Well, I have finally finished. The one afternoon (Monday) cheap project had dragged itself out to 4 days, more expense and trouble than I had bargained for but it is now done. If I may offer some unsolicited advice for tenants; If you do not know whether the wallpaper in your rental has been put up properly, do not attempt to remove it yourself. It will only end in misery. Either get a pro to do it or just paint over it and you'll be much happier. Good thing I was on vacation this week or it would have dragged out longer. Here are some photos.

 Moving in day 2011. As you can guess we have been living with this tacky wallpaper and avocado fixtures for some time now.
This is the same room last Sunday before I got going. Note the ugly framed mirror on the medicine chest.
Nothing to do but remove the crappy paper and paint.
Here it is today after all of the pictures are up. I decided rather than to compete or coordinate with the avocado fixtures I embraced the color. Glidden now calls "avocado green" "Hazy Sage". So now I have fabulous Hazy Sage fixtures in our bath. 
I also silvered the mirror and glazed it with a burnt umber acrylic to give it an antiqued look. I think it came out well.
And no bathroom of a gay man would be complete without the obligatory Audry Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" poster

No comments:

Post a Comment