Monday, February 10, 2014

I've had enough! Wallpaper edition

Nana's Bathroom (before we moved in)
We moved into the Clubhouse 3 years ago and I have been so lazy about rectifying one thing about living here. The master bath. It needs a complete renovation but as we are tenants we are not going to put any money into renovating this place. I'm resigned to living with the avocado green tub, commode and sink, as well as the formica-topped cabinet holding the sink. I really can make do with those. However, the walls above the tile are covered with "grandma-esque" rose printed wallpaper. I've been living with this awful paper for 3 years now and I've had enough. It comes off today. I'm about to go to Home Depot to get the stuff I need to remove the paper and paint the space. I've watched the DIY video and I'm ready to go. I'll post the result when completed. In the meantime, enjoy these photos of the paper I've been living with. It'll probably answer some of those questions you've had.

The paper is loose in the corners so it will hopefully come off easily
Chrome fixtures + awful paper = unpleasant shock at 3am. ;^)
As you can see it's just awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment