Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers

Before I went off on the Whale Watch today (which was fabulous by the way) I put together this dish and put it in my slow-cooker so we could have a nice hot meal when we got home. It was really easy and they smell really good. Mr. B Is taking a nap before dinner so I just have time to fire this off before I get a chance to taste it. The review will follow.

Hollow out 6 peppers and fill with a mixture of 1-1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 can drained and rinsed black beans, 1-10oz package frozen, thawed corn, diced tomatoes (14.5oz canned, with their juice) 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterrey jack and spices (I used chili powder, cumin, pepper, salt). Top with a spoonful of salsa, cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Check them after 8 hours to see if they are tender.
When they are done, top with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, cover and cook another 15 minutes on high.
I'm going to let them "set a spell" to let them relax a bit before I serve them. Plus the hubby is still sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment