Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Beary" Queer Fashion

I just saw the craziest thing. There is a Belgian designer called Walter Van Beirendonck ( don't you love that name?) who designs clothes for men who are best described as "a bear"; i.e. (according to Wikipedia) "Bears tend to have hairy bodies and facial hair; some are heavy-set; some project an image of working-class masculinity in their grooming and appearance, though none of these are requirements or unique indicators".

Now that pretty much fits me to a "T" except for the "working class" part, if I may say s
o myself. So I thought "hooray! Someone designing for me". So I went to this person's website to see what Spring 2010 fashion holds for me.

Can any of you imagine wearing something like this? And what is with the Marie-Antoinette color scheme? They all look like they're working
at the counter at Ladurée.


(A box of macaroons from Ladurée)


I do
n't know... you tell me. 
 
Needs something / Meme's Housecoat

Crossposted from Bearotic.com. This is a review of the designer's work. Photos used without permission. If the copyright holder of the photos wishes me to remove them I will do so immediately. Please contact me at the e-mail address provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment