Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Topsy-Turvy Tomato Update Wk 5

It is week 5 of my Topsy-Turvy tomato experiment. I thought I'd give you a reminder of what the plants looked like when I planted them. As you can see from the photo below, they were healthy enough, considering the shock of a neophyte gardener handling them roughly.


Then after a few weeks of really lousy weather (rain, clouds, cool temperatures) we have started to get some sunshine and boy have they taken off. Look at the plants as they are today (below). Both of the plants are bushy and sprouting buds. One plant (the Roma) has set fruit already while the other one (beefsteak) has just now started to flower. I do move them from front to back on the hangers and the planters are on a little thing that allows you to rotate them which I do daily.


So I went out this morning and I saw these lovely little tomatoettes growing on the Roma vine. How exciting!


I took a photo for inclusion in this post and while looking for a better angle I spotted this!

I haven't gotten out the 35 year-old aceto balsamico and buffalo mozzarella yet but boy was this discovery exciting. I will keep my eye on this baby and give you an update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment